The SHRM Foundation Getting Talent Back to Work certificate program–developed for HR professionals, hiring managers, and front-line supervisors–is a multi-faceted program from the SHRM Foundation and brought to you with generous support from the Lumina Foundation. This program is specifically designed to equip you with the actionable knowledge and tools needed to attract, hire, and retain individuals with criminal and conviction records.
The SHRM Foundation Getting Talent Back to Work certificate program is completely free and open to all. You do not need to be a SHRM member, and you do not need to hold a SHRM credential to engage with the content, take the course, and earn the Getting Talent Back to Work certificate.
1. Create organizational strategies and processes to recruit, hire, retain, and advance people with criminal and/or conviction records.
2. Contribute to the growth of those re-entering the workforce after incarceration in your organization by fostering an inclusive environment.
3. Remove or work around barriers that limit the success potential of individuals with conviction histories.
4. Educate your stakeholders to break down barriers and reduce bias about individuals with criminal and/or conviction records.
2. And, the successful completion of an End-Of-Course Exam and Survey.
Once you have completed the Getting Talent Back to Work certificate program and the End-Of-Course Survey, we will verify your completion of all course requirements. Verification may take up to 2-weeks, depending on the volume of applications we have received to-date. Once we determine that all requirements have been completed, you will receive an email containing the electronic version of your certificate and digital badge. We will also mail a printed certificate.
Professional Development Credits
If you are SHRM certified (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP) you may claim 10 professional development credits (PDCs) after earning your SHRM Foundation Getting Talent Back to Work certificate. You must complete all requirements for the certificate to earn the 10 credits – no partial credit is given.
To claim your credits:
4. Enter the Activity ID Number found at the bottom of your Getting Talent Back to Work certificate, just under the SHRM Foundation logo. When you enter this number, the required fields will be automatically completed with the details.
We are here to help with any questions you might have. Please contact us at
This program is made possible thanks to the generous sponsorship from the Lumina Foundation